Cook/Dietary Aide - Full Time 6a-2p
|January 03, 2018 - January 20, 2018|
|Salary Range:||Based on experience |
|Benefits:||Generous paid time off allowance, Weekend incentive pay, Health, life, vision and dental insurance, holiday pay and retirement contribution.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Dining and Nutritional Services|
|Description:||6:00 AM- 2:00 PM|
The Gilbert Residence provides basic nursing care to 32 residents. Supportive Living, Assisted Living and Specialized Dementia care to 58 residents. We carry a long tradition of excellence by providing compassionate and dignified care.
The primary purpose of the cook position is to prepare food in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, with our established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the Director of Dining Service to assure that quality food service is provided at all times.
The Gilbert Residence is a smoke free campus. Smoking or the use of tobacco products is prohibited in or on all Gilbert Residence buildings, grounds, parking lots, vehicles, or sidewalks adjacent to the property.
Drug screening, in addition to a physical will be required upon hire.
|Duties:||1. Comprehensive knowledge of food preparation and handling technique.|
2. General knowledge of safety and sanitation rules and practices.
3. Ability to work well independently given proper direction.
4. Has latitude to cope with some problems.
5. Confers with Team Leader on unusual problems.
6. Responsible for food preparation, including accompaniments and garnishes.
7. Prepares meals following preparation sheets and provided recipes for dining room service, cafeteria and special functions.
8. Does advance preparation as indicated.
9. Serves eye-appealing, good tasting food items following recipes provided for preparation and plate service of food.
10. Completes food temperature checks each meal. Tastes all food items prepared.
11. Completes preparation records and stores food items properly at close of meal service.
12. Cleans work area and equipment used in food preparation.
13. Must take necessary precautions and follow correct procedures for lifting and bending.
14. Follows safety and sanitation rules and practices.
15. Ensures that all hot food preparation and assembling is done in accordance with established procedures.
16. Demonstrates knowledge of fire safety procedures and assists with evacuation of residents to a safe location in the event of fire or other emergency.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
18. Cooperates with staff of other departments in performing job duties.
19. Provides clean, safe and neat environment for residents, self and staff.
|Qualifications:||- High School Graduate (preferred)|
- Two (2) plus years of dietary experience with at least one year of experience as lead cook (preferred)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to understand and take directions
- Able to lift 50lbs
- Must be reliable
- Must be available every other weekend and holidays
Please do not call or email The Gilbert Residence. Click Apply Now below to submit your application and resume.